Balogh Gardens has received the following awards and recognition:
- 2008: Best Overall Landscape award at the Denver Parade of Ponds
- 2010: Best Overall Landscape award at the Denver Parade of Ponds
- 2011: Best Overall Landscape award at the Denver Parade of Ponds
- 2012 and 2013: Featured in April 2012 and 2013 Container Gardens magazine
- 2013: Featured property in Preserve magazine
- 2014: Featured flowers in the 2014 Denver Country Club Neighborhood Living magazine
- 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020: Featured as “highly recommended” for the Green Oaks and Preserve subdivisions
- 2020 Balogh Gardens published in ALCC Colorado Green Magazine
Balogh Gardens is proud to donate to various organizations throughout the Denver Metro area. We had the opportunity to donate both materials and services to the following causes:
- The Boulder Valley Hockey Club
- Pleasant View Fire Department
- The Children’s Hospital Burn Program
- The American Heart Association
- First Descents
- National MS Society
- Mission 29.2
- Colorado Pine Beetle Reforestation Project in Steamboat Springs
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Friends of the Lakota Nation
- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020: Broomfield Senior Center Easter Basket Project
- 2018 Children for Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund
- 2020 Volunteered for County Covid Vaccination Program
Donation of Services:
- The Venus de Miles “Venus Rising” Project: Cathy and Heather Balogh both spent a day helping with flood cleanup on a local horse farm in Boulder County.
- The Family Tree: Multiple employees participated in leading a team of volunteers from Southwest Airlines in helping construct two veggie gardens at this local shelter for at-risk youth. The Family Tree is hoping to incorporate sustainable living classes for their residents, so the first step was creating the gardens for them to use in the curriculum.
- Senior Support Services: Our team has spent every other Monday in 2016 working with the members of this shelter in northern Denver. After receiving a grant, the Center built a rather large collection of vegetable and mixed gardens. Our team works with the members of this center to cultivate these gardens and help educate the clients on how to grow their own food. As we head into the 2017 growing season, our work will continue with the clients serviced by SSS. Drive by the Center and take a look at those gardens!
If you would like to request a donation from Balogh Gardens, please shoot us an email and we will see if we can work something out!